Reasons anyone should be amazed at catching rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus Mykiss):
- Top Speed: 23 mph/37 kmph. Hogs (larger fish) can get in an extra 1 or 2 mph.
- Distance to Reach Top Speed: 1 foot.
- Average Speed of Line Pull: 33 feet per second.
- Vertical Leap Capability: Three to four times its length. (For a human that would be 18 to 24 feet).
- Strength: Large trout are known to break leaders two times their body weight. (For a human that would be equal to a piece of monofilament line rated at 350 lbs.)
- Sensory Input: 500 to 800 times more acute than the sensory input received by a fisherman.
- ESP: Pretty sure they have this too.