Possibly because he’s heading out for an annual trip to Yellowstone, details and related materials for the contest I was told would begin in two days are already available here. This page has all the info and PDFs
you need your kids need to get an unofficial head start on winning some pretty sweet gear.
It makes me wish I were a kid, knowing that there’s a chance to win some cool stuff, including:
- Streamline Youth Outfit from The Orvis Co.
- Bridgestone kids breathable waders from Albright Fly Fishing
- Sonoma Emerger youth rod and reel outfits from Leland Fly Fishing Outfitters
- “A Kid’s Guide to Fly Fishing” DVDs from Tyler Befus Kid’s Fly Fishing & Fly Tying
- Clark Fork Youth Vest or a Minnow rod and reel outfit/Crosswater Youth outfit from Redington
- Vest from JM Cremp’s Adventure Store for Boys
- Gecko fly rod, Solo reel and Airflo flyline setup from Jarrod Black Echo/Rajeff Sports
- Stream Explorer memberships from Trout Unlimited
- An Elk River Youth Vest from fishpond
- Fly boxes from Montana Fly Co..
- An autographed set of Olive the Woolly Bugger books (And you don’t have to sneak up on the author while he’s doing yard work to get those autographs!)
While this is all great stuff and, sure, the contest will bring traffic to TKFF.com, it’s a simple statement within a TKFF blog post addressing why the site exists that brings my support: “We want kids to go fly fishing.”
Simple and clear — with TKFF providing the connection between the parents of those kids with suppliers of pint-sized gear.
The contest “officially” begins June 1st. Tell ‘em we sent you.
Just don’t tell them we sent you early.