Read about the artist here.
snarky little item recently graced my inbox (with a friend suggesting it might be the ultimate evolution of the float tube.):
I was going to build the Gazebo on the edge of my dock down by the lake but I thought…I might just as well build the deck with floats on it and I can then take it out fishing too…has a 15,000-pound capacity.
The deck is 18 feet x 18 feet with 12 plastic foam filled dock floats that are 4 feet x 4 ft feet x 18 inches high, and the Gazebo is a 10-foot hexagon with a table and chairs.
Inside, under the table is my trolling motor so I can take it out to my favorite fishing hole. The trolling motor is remote controlled so I can fish outside and operate the motor. On top of the table I have a Lowrance fishfinder with depth sounding sonars and temp gauge. I have two electric winches with 40-pound anchors.”
- Health Care Reform for Oregon Hatchery Trout
- Not really news that dogs exhibit repetitive behaviors. Now we can blame a genetics.
- Caught a whole episode this week of Adventure Guides: Fishing Edition dedicated to striping flies near the strip: Fishing Lake Las Vegas. Drill down to the guide’s Web page and you’ll find that one can fish for “great basin bonefish.” (Fancy name for carp.)
- The new ‘canaries’ of global warming?
- The Tiger Woods story is proving the argument that fly fishing could get better publicity with more sex appeal: http://tinyurl.com/yehs57q
- A new addition to the Christmas wish list for myself or any California fly fisher: http://tinyurl.com/yc8ko7q